Add comment April 26th, 2017 11:55pm Headsman
Lieutenant General Hisao Tani was shot on this date in 1947 for his part in the Rape of Nanking.
Tani commanded a division that took part in the conquest and occupation of that Chinese city in 1937, and it was outside its gates — following a Chinese war crimes trial — that he took his leave of this world.
On this day..
- 1875: William Hole, family tragedy - 2016
- Feast Day of Popes Cletus and Marcellinus - 2015
- 1784: Angelo Duca, primitive rebel - 2014
- 1926: Shao Piaoping, journalist - 2013
- 1945: Sigmund Rascher, feared science - 2012
- 1843: Ewen Cameron, black bean leftover - 2011
- 1901: "Black Jack" Tom Ketchum, who was left in three pieces - 2010
- 1861: Paula Angel ... but why? - 2009
- 1478: Pazzi Conspiracy attempted ... and suppressed - 2008