1 comment January 3rd, 2010 Headsman
On this date in 1645 — one day after the same fate befell his son — Sir John Hotham was beheaded by the English Parliamentarians for attempting to betray Hull to the Cavaliers in the English Civil War.
Part of the Daily Double: John Hothams.
On this day..
- 68 or 69: Locusta, infamous poisoner - 2017
- Feast Day of St. Gordius - 2016
- 1945: An unfortunate woman, name and nationality unknown - 2015
- 1898: Doc Tanner, Copper River gold rusher - 2014
- 1661: The effigy and books of Giuseppe Francesco Borri - 2013
- 2011: Two leaflet-readers - 2012
- Daily Double: The Path to Power in Pyongyang - 2012
- 1786: Elizabeth Wilson, her reprieve too late - 2011
- 1946: William Joyce, Lord Haw-Haw - 2009
- 2002: Sani Yakubu - 2008