Add comment March 27th, 2010 Headsman
Two men were beheaded in Riyadh on this date in 2009 for bizarrely causing a man’s death in an unarmed purse-snatching.
An Interior Ministry statement says Faisal bin Fahd and Bandar bin Abdullah first stole the Chinese man’s laptop bag while he was walking. When the man tried to catch up with them, he fell and died after hitting his head on the pavement.
“Chop-Chop Square” in Riyadh, the site of public executions.
On this day..
- 1894: Walter Smith - 2016
- 1889: Mark Francis and James Turney - 2015
- 1878: The Brassell boys - 2014
- 1811: Adam Lyal, highwayman - 2013
- 1947: Hisakazu Tanaka, Hong Kong occupier - 2012
- 1677: Giles Bland - 2011
- 1836: Goliad Massacre - 2009
- 2001: Robert Lee Massie, who spent a lifetime dying - 2008