December 11th, 2010 Headsman
Nineteen-year-old shoe-shiner Hosni Ramadan Mahmoud Ahmed and his friend Ramadan Abu Al-Magd Azab were hanged in Qena, Egypt on this date in 2006 for murdering Ahmed’s two-year-old stepdaughter.
“Apparently infuriated that the crying baby was disrupting their viewing of a football match on television,” read the crime blotter. “Ahmed smashed the two year old’s head against a wall and electrocuted her.
“The two men then dumped her body in a nearby school.”
Egypt football fans would like to enjoy the game in peace. (cc) image from blogdroed.
On this day..
- 1981: El Mozote Massacre - 2016
- 1812: John Rickey but not Benjamin Jackson - 2015
- 1895: Harry Hayward, the Minneapolis Svengali - 2014
- 1876: Basilio Bondietto - 2013
- 1861: Christopher Haun, potter and incendiarist - 2012
- 1970: Akira Nishiguchi, Vengeance Is Mine inspiration - 2011
- 1831: Gen. Jose Maria Torrijos y Uriarte and his liberal followers - 2009
- 1917: Thirteen black soldiers of the 24th U.S. Infantry Regiment - 2008
- 1962: Arthur Lucas and Ronald Turpin - 2007