January 30th, 2012 Headsman
On this date last year, the Islamist Somali al-Shabaab publicly shot a man named Ahmed Ali Hussein in Mogadishu.
The 44-year-old, reportedly an ecclesiastic member of the rival al-Ictisam sect, was allegedly induced to confess that he’d been working with American intelligence. He was chained up and riddled with hundreds of bullets while neighbors were made to watch.
“In the documents we have, Ahmed Ali Hussein has worked with United States’ Federal Bureau Investigation (FBI) for 16 months,” an al-Shabaab spokesperson explained. Hussein was not permitted to defend himself.
On this day..
- 1744: Skinnar Per Andersson, legislator - 2016
- 1801: Four entrapped Jacobins - 2015
- 1857: Jean-Louis Verger, doctrinaire - 2014
- 1913: John Williams, the Case of the Hooded Man - 2013
- 1474: Not the Archer of Meudon - 2011
- 1996: William Flamer, Alito'd - 2010
- 1661: Oliver Cromwell, posthumously - 2009
- 1649: Charles I - 2008