June 3rd, 2012 Headsman
Image from here.
He had killed his corporal two weeks before, and was one of “only” 13 Belgian soldiers executed during the Great War, either for military offenses such as desertion, or regular criminal ones such as Walput’s homicide.
Also on this date
- 1691: William Fielding, scammer
- 1850: Five Cayuse, for the Whitman Massacre
- 1886: Twenty-two Uganda Martyrs
- 1955: Barbara Graham, of "I Want to Live" fame
- 1395: Ivan Shishman, falling to the Turks
- 1098: Yaghi-Siyan, commander of Antioch
- 2004: Nam Cam, Vietnamese crime lord