December 6th, 2012 Headsman
In Saudi Arabia, distinguished as the worldwide capital of beheading, a Pakistani named Mohamed Rafiq Myased and his daughter Abajan (or Apa-jan) were beheaded in Jeddah on this date in 2006 for smuggling drugs.
(Another Pakistani national lost his head in Jeddah 10 days later for the same crime; I’m uncertain whether the cases were related.)
On this day..
- 2012: An unknown organ donor, executed at a hospital - 2016
- Feast Day of St. Nicholas - 2015
- 1985: Carroll Edward Cole - 2014
- 1938: Martha Marek, Zeliopaster - 2013
- 1769: Two weavers, for the Spitalfield riots - 2011
- 1209: The Oxford clerks - 2010
- 1823: Dr. Edme Castaing, the first to kill with morphine - 2009
- 1638: The melancholy Dorothy Talby - 2008
- 41 B.C.E.: Arsinoe IV, Cleopatra's sister - 2007