April 14th, 2013 Headsman
(cc) image from blmiers2.
Vast and sparsely-populated Alaska doesn’t have many executions in its history and hasn’t had the death penalty on the books since 1957.
True to its weird reputation, though, the few in its register include some offbeat selections — like our next two days’.
Also on this date
- 1736: Andrew Wilson, in the Heart of Midlothian
- 1647: Domenica Gratiadei and her coven of witches
- 1965: Perry Smith and Dick Hickock, In Cold Blood subjects
- 1865: Not George S.E. Vaughn
- 1682: Avvakum Petrov, Old Believer
Entry Filed under: Themed Sets