November 13th, 2013 Headsman
On this date in 2010, Farid Baghlani was hanged in Ahvaz for a 2004-2008 serial murder spree that claimed the lives of six women.
At trial, Baghlani openly attributed his crimes to his hatred for women, probably not a defense calculated to maximize his prospects of acquittal. Those who lost loved ones to Baghlani returned the sentiment, and celebrated his execution by handing out sweets.
Also on this date
- 1765: Patrick Ogilvie, but not Katharine Nairn
- Announcing: Execution Playing Cards
- 1795: David McCraw, "blasted all our conjugal happiness"
- 1943: The Zalkind family
- Themed Set: Meaghan Good
- 1663: Corfitz Ulfeldt, in effigy
- 1676: Col. Thomas Hansford, the first American independence martyr
- 1534: Barthélemi Milon, for the Affair of the Placards