February 25th, 2014 Headsman
Warning: Disturbing Images Below
Albert Fournier was guillotined on this date in 1920 in Tours, by France’s ubiquitous early 20th century headsman Anatole Deibler.
The previous August, Fournier murdered a M. Monmarche, his sister Mme. Vouteau, and their servant Marie Thillier, also raping the latter victim’s corpse.
Also on this date
- 1601: Robert Devereux, Earl of Essex
- 1969: The peasants of Thanh Phong (allegedly)
- 1897: Henri-Osime Basset
- 1716: Four Jacobite rebels at Liverpool
- 1922: Henri Landru, French Bluebeard
- 1536: Jacob Hutter, Anabaptist leader
- 1879: Charles Peace, Victorian cat burglar