February 25th, 2014 Headsman
Warning: Disturbing Images Below
Albert Fournier was guillotined on this date in 1920 in Tours, by France’s ubiquitous early 20th century headsman Anatole Deibler.
The previous August, Fournier murdered a M. Monmarche, his sister Mme. Vouteau, and their servant Marie Thillier, also raping the latter victim’s corpse.
On this day..
- 1984: Ten members of the Tudeh party - 2017
- 1881: Edwin C. Hayden, Vermonster - 2016
- 1601: Robert Devereux, Earl of Essex - 2015
- 1969: The peasants of Thanh Phong (allegedly) - 2013
- 1897: Henri-Osime Basset - 2012
- 1716: Four Jacobite rebels at Liverpool - 2011
- 1922: Henri Landru, French Bluebeard - 2010
- 1536: Jacob Hutter, Anabaptist leader - 2009
- 1879: Charles Peace, Victorian cat burglar - 2008